question (pd-racer cabin)

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by sail102, Nov 14, 2011.

1. sail102

sail102 REBEL!!!!!!!

I'm building a pd-racer but don't plan on entering any races. Ive seen cabins on these boats so don't tell me "its impossible to put a cuddy on an 8 dinghy" I'm wondering if any of you can post some pics of some designs that would work. also should i put on a pair of oarlocks incase there is no wind?

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A bit like suggesting a Smart Car is a station wagon isn't it . . . The PDR sails like what it is and if burdened with twice it's weight, because of a cabin then the pictures above show what happens. How well do you think that boat will row (let alone sail), considering how deeply the transom is immersed? Even with it's rocker, there's several inches under. 10 minutes (daily) of rowing or paddling this and you can postpone bypass surgery for a decade or more.

4. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

interesting...all the second batch of pictures disappeared... :(

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.