Question of a boat's make and model

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Steliolas, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Steliolas

Steliolas New Member

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

3. Steliolas

Steliolas New Member

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member

I am not sure of the length but guess at it and go to Yachtworld.com

Put in the field parameters of the length of what you think that this boat is and just quickly scroll though what boats are for sale worldwide. You might just hit on it.

5. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

The Italians went crazy with design and came up with a whole lot of over stylized yachts.

Perhaps a Techni, AGT, Cantieri, Arno, San Lorenzo, Alalunga,may even be a Ferretti.

As the Turks cranked out a whole lot of ugly custom stuff and still do to this day,a good chance it's a Turkish thing.

Do as Barry suggests.

6. Steliolas

Steliolas New Member

Barry thanks for your response. I've done the research through yacht selling websites with no luck. Probably it is a custom made or a small Turkish firm project. For what is worth its length is 20.5 meters.

7. Steliolas

Steliolas New Member

WestVanHan thanks for your reply, I agree with you as I've done a lot of research already over the net with not even one pic of a boat of similar design.

8. Barry

Barry Senior Member

Just by chance happened to notice a Riva Furama in the Crows Nest Yacht ad in Sea Magazine
    They show a Riva Furama 58 which has the same porthole configuration as well as the lower helm upswept front window line. 1990
    Your picture appears to be the same, but a little longer ie 3 rear portholes but otherwise a pretty good match
    I googled Riva Furama Images and found more

9. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

It does look like a Furama but no upper/lower glass overlap. Otherwise I'd think it's a lengthened Furama.

The Aquastar and Thalassa have the glass overlap,but the intakes are too big.

So it's probably a Riva,or like I said before a Turkish knock off of some sort.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.