Athena

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by lazeyjack, Oct 16, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

1 person likes this.
  2. jorghenderson

jorghenderson -

flowerpots

Great yacht, sack the florist.

Attached Files:

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Did you see the pictures on page one of that thread?

Awesome, this is the boat to be on for the "end of the world" thread.

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I have great rwespect for Huisman, they had a yacht down in NZ, cant remember the name, but she was out for warranty work, and there was almost no filler in hull, On the other hand, the yacht Georgia , had 75mm of bog in places, i know this cos the guy who painted her with his crew told me Thats a lot of weight and cost I have to say, that if I was the owner and I saw that sort of job being done, I would tell them to keep their boat

Attached Files:

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Wow Kach
    Did you know that Huismans built the two FLYERS, that took out the early whitbread races? I was aboard the first, a few years back, renamed ALASKA EAGLE, good as the day she was built
    The only thing I did not like about Athena is, her transom, whilst being classic and pretty, surely that is a place to have good walk down access to the water However I can see that in following seas, the slender lines aft would make her very sea kindlly, stop quatering seas making her screw around, which most modern yachts seem to do with their beam carried aft

7. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

Aye yes da oui si ja ::CONCUR:: fer sher aye aye aye.

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

vraiment , un homme multilingual

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

If t'was t' end of de world I want something a bit more - er practical! I'd want to bash 'er about a bit! That'd be like trying to cross the desert in a sports car!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.