Carita

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by lazeyjack, Apr 26, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

What do you think, I admired this Robert Clark design as a small boy
    I never quite got enough money to buy her
    built 1960, she was the superyacht of the era

Attached Files:

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

oh , she is 180 feet and on the market for a mere 14.5m

3. Arvy

Arvy Senior Member

Nice one! too bad I am a bit too low on cash just like you lol

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

What a beauty. Too much for me, though. If you think they might come down to 7 million, that would be closer to my budget .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p but still about 6.99 millions away!! LOL :D

Hmmmmm, maybe Tom Perkins would buy her, run match races with Maltese Falcon?

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

my friend told me that Clark designed a mechanisn whereby when sail was made all the ports would close, as you can see, they would be underwater he was fortunate to know the great man, originally she had a pair of handed paxmans, or did I already say that: um Alzeimers Still I have excuse, swallowing all that alloy

6. charmc

charmc Senior Member

I recall reading that when Maltese Falcon is on a reach in strong wind, the walkways on the leeward deck are under 1/2 m of water .... that must make for some fun, with a relative current of nearly 20 knts. Yikes!!:eek:

7. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I seem to recall hearing that too, and that while her owner was somewhat impressed that she could do it, insurance agents generally insist that a megayacht be kept upright and in control.... they frown on dunking the decks, to the point where Mirabella V's computer is required to automatically release the sheets if she heels that far. I imagine MF would be subject to similar rules.....

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

OH Carita is not like this.
    i wonder if she is corten or similar

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.