Pvrt ???

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Steph357, Sep 29, 2009.

  1. Steph357
    Joined: Apr 2009
    Posts: 19
    Likes: 1, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 22
    Location: Shanghai

    Steph357 Junior Member

    Hello everyone,

    Through my job, I found a hull material called PVRT.

    My guess is that 's a kind of PVC or plastic material, but I can't find the exact meaning of the abrevation and I am wondering if it is anything particular, in term of weight, resistance or anything else.

    Does anyone heard that before or know what is it ?
  2. PAR
    Joined: Nov 2003
    Posts: 19,133
    Likes: 489, Points: 93, Legacy Rep: 3967
    Location: Eustis, FL

    PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

    I thought it was an abbreviation for weird sexual preferences . . .
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.