PVC Exhaust

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by Frosty, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdowney717

sdowney717 Senior Member

oh it will heat up real quick into super heated steam inside the pipe and set off the sensor.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

The alarm is for no water flo not a heat trip. I want to know when the water is insufficient not after its got hot.

3. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

Thats the method I use, after seeing too many aftermarket units fitted thru the hose with a steel band support fail.

The most critical sensor for engine managment ADEM - ECU is exhaust gas temps - apirated and turbo engines then mixing cooling water temp.
    When a additional water temp sensor is reqd for interface engine monitor, mixed can't be extended I fit an intermediate s/steel section between hoses to mount a socket for threading in the temp probe.

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Thank god that I dont have any electronically managed engines to run. I hear nothing but trouble with these engines and they are almost impossible to troubleshoot on the road.

Exhaust temp is a worthwhile sensor.

When you have a adjustable pitch propeller its the only way to understand when you have to much pitch and you are bogging down the engine.

I don't know if engine exhaust temp is a reliable way to sense cooling water downstream in the wet exhaust.

Remember , your feed water and engine cooling could be OK, but several output holes in your water injection jacket could be plugged causing the wet side to run too hot.

Take apart a water injection jacket and inevitably there is clogging of the water jet holes.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.