Outboard Guages

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by crowsridge, Jun 24, 2013.

1. crowsridge

crowsridge Senior Member

Hello gang,

I picked up a really nice sled and could use some info to get it going. It was a 23' Fishrite Rivermaster center console with a 496 Chevy and a Kodiak pump. The guide I got it from was hurting for money and sold the motor and pump out of it and that left a big hole in the hull.

I took it to a local builder and he made it into an outboard sled with the addition of an offshore bracket.

My issue now is, the dash went with the 496. I'm getting conflicting information the type of gauges I need. I have a Mid 90's Mercury 200 built new ( 0 hours) to 225 and has the oil injection removed, running mix. The 15 Mercury kicker is late 90's ( 27 hours) and is fully remote from console.

What gauges do I really need? Are they outboard specific? I assume Tach, hour, battery and temp? Do they plug into the harness on the controls?

Thanks, Chris

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.