pulse fuel pump conversion

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by ThrottleBack, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ThrottleBack

ThrottleBack Junior Member

I sent this to the author of a conversion how to and never heard back so im posting here.
    Good evening!

I just read your how to on ditching my junk pressure tank on my 5.5 Johnson:

http://www.outboard-boat-motor-repair.com/Johnson/Pressureized Fuel Tanks.htm

I have a quick question Instead of removing my carb, manifold, etc can't I simply remove my three plug fuel line from the motor then cap one opening, run what used to be the air line to the center of the pump, and then the fuel line to the carb? I also don't see why I need to buy a 2 prong connector. I guess my main question is why can't I simply remove the current lines and run three vac lines?

Thank you sir

2. ThrottleBack

ThrottleBack Junior Member

So I just looked at mine. The lines from the plug split, one to the motor (air, will become pulse after i plug one of the intake whatevers) and obviously fuel to the carb. So why do I need a different plug? Seems to me I plug the intake to get the pulse, then run the old air line location to the pulse location on the pump, a line from carb to pump, and a line from tank to pump.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.