Puget Sound look out!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duluthboats, Oct 21, 2005.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Just a quick update and a word of warring to those in the Puget Sound area. I no longer have a paying job and my boat building will not pay the mortgage. So I’ve sold the house and shop and most of the things I don’t need. On November 24th my wife, our dog and I will leave Duluth in a truck with all we still own. Our destination is Redmond, WA. Once I get settled I hope to get back to thinking about boats. I have been too preoccupied to post much but still stop in to see what’s going on. Maybe I’ll get a chance to cross paths with some of you from the area.

Gary :D

2. Baldur

Baldur Junior Member

Welcome to the NW?
    Hope you like rain.......LOL

Good luck with your move.

3. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Sorry to hear about the job loss et al, but I think you'll find the Pacific NW very hospitable - and not nearly as cold in the winter! You're in the heart of one of the largest (boats per capita) pleasure boating areas in the world. I'm down in Portland, OR to the south, but sometimes get up that way. The Messing About in Boats groups out here are some of the most active in the nation. Send me an email when you have arrived and settled in.

Ron Fossum

4. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Gary,
    What !? Half a country away from me wasn't enough? :)
    Good luck with the move, resettlement, etc.
    Steve

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Gary, best of luck for the future where ever it may be - luckily for you your still not in range of me yet! In fact it looks like you've moved further away "every silver lining has a cloud round it!" hang in there buddy we're all behind you!;)

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Gary - been away for a couple of weeks playing with boats... just saw your post..... best of luck - and make sure you stay in touch!

7. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Thanks for the good wishes guys. When you leave a company after 22years there is always some sadness, I’ll miss Minnesota even the winters. Many things went into my choice, and the wife said her part, so we decided on Puget Sound. The area has so many great boat people and so many boating options. I have no allusions we have some hard times in front of us but I’m not looking back I’m looking forward. The truck leaves November 24th, move in is on or before the 1st of December. It will be me, the wife, the dog, 2 canoes, some furniture, and my tools.

Steve, the east coast is nice but........... ;-)

Gary

8. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

The east coast is nice.... the east coast of Oz, that is!;) ... You should head just a little further south and come visit us... don't bother with that northern island ... come straight to Tassie... on top of the world...:D

9. trimarandan

trimarandan Junior Member

i'm from minnesota myself (now living in california) and i just got back from washington a couple months ago, and i have to say it reminded me of home alot. i think you picked a good place to move to.

10. dr.j

dr.j Junior Member

The American pacific northwest is a very nice and comfortable area to live. If you like drinking coffee and are comfortable in a huge boating community, you will be very happy. I would consider moving there myself if it weren't for the fact that I live in an even lovelier place. The Canadian pacific southwest! Come on up to Vancouver in your spare time. Victoria and most points north are really nice also. Good luck! I am sure that you will find that you will enjoy your life even more than you imagined. Unless, of course you really like snow and cold weather. Just don't forget your raingear...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.