You have to walk before you can run!

Discussion in 'Education' started by The Loftsman, Mar 30, 2014.

1. The Loftsman

The Loftsman The Loftsman

Hi all,
    With a view to helping folks get on the first rung so to speak and in the passing on of knowledge I have to fully recommend this new facility and website for passing on of the "Art" of Lofting, Half Hull Model Making and Basic Shipbuilding Knowledge.
    The website can be found here at www.sherbrookeshipbuildingshop.com
    all courses are well priced and accommodation at discounted prices can also be arranged.

Thanks and hope this is of use,

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

It's a shame not to move there. I hope the courses are a success.
    Have you thought about the possibility of online courses?

3. The Loftsman

The Loftsman The Loftsman

Thanks TANSL,
    As it is pretty new for now but I have pencilled in the possible of some online courses in the future all depends on funds and resource really, but the concept which I am very passionate about having seen what has been going on for so many years with regard to so called training.
    There is a lack of the basics without having to do a 4 year course or apprenticeship, this can be done once you have the basics and realise what you may wish to do in the future.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

hope these courses serve at least to publicize or remember an exciting job, which, because of the computer (among other things), is almost forgotten.
    Have you created manuals or textbooks?. In that case, how you can get?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.