proven hull

Discussion in 'Stability' started by idham58, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I would look at a statement like this and consider for a moment who wrote it. If the context suggested that it was written by the client (and by that I mean mum and dad who want a new boat) to indicate that they are simply looking for a boat that is based on 'proven' and existing technologies and hullforms, I would perhaps be just a little nervous that in the even that everything goes pear-shaped, it might end up in the hands of a shrewd lawyer.
    If it was written by a lawyer, on behalf of my client, I would be VERY nervous in the knowledge that if things go pear-shaped the lawyer already knows it is there and put it there for a reason!

2. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Williamson, as a supplier, I think you ought to require a design review and approval process in which the purchaser stipulated this requirement was fulfilled at the time of contract award. At which point it becomes the purchaser's headache. They must explain to nonawardees how they determined your design met their specification.

3. cyclops2

cyclops2 Senior Member

Only proven hull in the USA is a wood tree dugout.

All others are unproven due to less than 500 years of proven use.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.