Proud Daddy

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by KnottyBuoyz, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

The kid is goin' to College! He wants to be a welder/fabricator. Maybe even a future boat builder, who knows! At least he's fired up about somethin'. For the last few years all it's been is Internet & Heavy Metal and his tatoo'd/pierced girlfriend! ;) (actually she's not a bad kid).

Just in time too, I have a bunch of hardware items I need fabricated for our trawler project! :D

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Well good on the boy! But I wouldn't get him welding anything serious just yet Notty! It takes a few hours before you become proficient at 'electric gluing' you know!

3. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

Oh for sure SW. I've seen the rather blobby welds he produces right now so he's got a long way to go before he welds up anything for me. I hope they teach him how to weld stainless really well. I've got a few projects waiting in the wings. If he's good I'll pimp out his skills for cash!!! ;)

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Now thats what a father is for!! (wish my boys could do something of equal merit - except the eldest who can really beat the 5h1t out of anybody - not really a merit but WE don't have any problems with nasty neighbours or thieves that's for sure - Yeah though I walk through the valley of deathI will fear no evil, because my boy is the meanest son of a ***** in it!! On second thoughts maybe it is a merit!!:D :D :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.