protecting your boat:Canvas

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by ironbearmarine, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ironbearmarine

ironbearmarine Junior Member

I have three wooden vessels to maintain, and enjoy. The one most important aspect of my maintenance program, is protection. Here in San Francisco Bay
    sailing is nearly year 'round, so it is not a common practice to haul out for winterizing. As with many responsible sailboat owners here, I find a full canvas fitted boatcover, saves work and money by fully protecting the topsides of a boat in all weather conditions. Having one made specifically for your vessel is a capital investment. But is vastly cheaper than having to hire the labor to keep your yacht clean during those long periods at the dock. The cover will add years of enjoyment by extending the life of your boat and extending the life of well maintained brightwork. Sticker shock might occur as these covers are one off tailor made. Sort of like a good suit for your yacht. I have covers for all my vessels and they really do buy me time. Having to do 97 feet of topside interior, and trim varnishing before opening day is daunting for one 60 year young man

Attached Files: