Rebuild the old boat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by John FunBoat, Jan 22, 2010.

1. John FunBoat

John FunBoat New Member

Hi for everybody! I own Jeanneau Fun 7.5m long, year `82. Quite fun and sporty boat, but ... I want add some new lines. So I want increase the WL. But will it works?! I attached the picture of the boat.
    Can somebody have some experience to share? Also there is question about keel - in originaly this boat have lifting keel ....
    Can somebody give some idea how to rebuild this old Fun?!

Thank you!

John

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yes, you can increase the LWL, but it's very difficult and costly. Frankly, if you're asking, it suggests you don't have an understanding of the dynamics involved, to undertake such an endeavor.

3. John FunBoat

John FunBoat New Member

Thank for reply. It`s not such costly. Anyway its cheaper than by new one or build new one. Why I start think about that: I saw that kind of rebuilding for 1/4 toner yacht and the result was quite good. They did increase speed. In pic: blue is the rebuild, white with yelow stripes - original shape.

Attached Files: