Will trade

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duluthboats, Jan 27, 2004.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

I will trade all my surplus snow for boat building lumber. :eek:

Gary :D

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Is it ski quality or the cheap stuff?

3. duluthboats

This is the finest kind, very fresh. For my friends here at the forum I’ll let it go for free if you pay the freight. It seems I have an overstock, and storage is getting to be a problem.

4. TheFisher

TheFisher Junior Member

Can you package it securely and insure it so it arrives in Florida safely and in the same condition it left? :D :cool:

5. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Heh heh! If Duluth doesn't have enough, we're expecting a fresh delivery tonight, and have nowhere to put it. Same deal......
    Steve

6. TheFisher

TheFisher Junior Member

:) LOL :)

My toes get cold just thinking about that stuff! I don't miss it at all!

7. duluthboats

Tomorrow is going to be clear, no snow, temps in the -20’s F for lows.

8. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

One of the fun things we like to do down here in SUNNY, WARM, PERFECT BOAT BUILDING WEATHER, FLORIDA is get a few dump truck loads of crushed ice on the 4th of July, drop it on the city park lawn and let the yankees (the politically correct is Snow Birds) have some fun for a day (some of these folks have their sleds with them, which has to make you wonder about what they where thinking when they packed). It always surprises me how long it takes to melt away on a hot summer day, but it still ends up looking like the stuff we all remember as kids a few days later. A brownish gray mess you want little to do with (makes me think of my ex wife).

I figure it's good on only two occasions; Christmas morning it's nice to see flakes falling and smell logs burning in the fire, real quaint and the other is on post cards!

I don't want to have to work in it, drive in it, drive behind someone who doesn't know how to drive in it, shovel it, or other wise be in it.

The human body is a wonderful thing, full of unknown insights and information we may not be aware of. For example, if you ARE out in the snow, having a good time pulling the kids around in their sleds with the 4 wheeler for a few hours. Until everyone is good and soaked and then you strip off all your clothing as you stand in front of a rip roaring fire, you'll notice that after 20 minutes you're nice and toasty on the front but your *** is still cold. Yet, if you go outside on a nice hot day in the dog days of summer and come into an air-conditioned building, it's instant relief. This is your body trying to tell you something . . . !

Ya hear that dripping sound . . . no, it's not melting, get a grip . . . it's my heart bleeding for ya'll :cool:

9. mmd

mmd Senior Member

How 'bout some of this - Newfoundland (where my sister lives) has plenty!

[​IMG]

10. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Ahhhhh, c'mon - that Dinky Toy was Photoshopped in. :)

OK - I'll shut up now.

Steve

11. TheFisher

TheFisher Junior Member

Well, you don't want to move here. The weather is terrible! It's too dang hot! The humidity is usually so high you can hardly breathe. Then it rains about every darn day!
    Ya, can't ever get anything done!

12. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Steve, I'm sure that there are many, many Newfoundlanders that wish that were the case ....

13. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

For what it's worth I build outside without a shed roof over the boat. I toss a big tarp over it, in fact have a fancy roll on and off setup. It's only hot when you're not use to it (takes a few years), but the bugs are well fed and are big enough to carry you off to their nest. Swimming in a favorite fishing hole is foolish as the gators will get you, though they like dogs better (taste like chicken and no plucking)

Granted I have a heavily wooded chunk of land, that I use to my advantage (shade is good) and the heat can cause you to have more smoked pots of epoxy then the average Yankee, but I'll take the trade off.

I have to bring in some wood as the temp will drop into the 40's tonight. Going to be cold this week, highs in the low 70's and lows in the 40's (brrrrrrr, man, brrrrrrrr) It's hard to ***** though. How many times have you yanks been out on the puddles and rivers in you neck of the woods in the last few months? I've been out quite a bit trying to sort out this old Chris Craft engine ills.

I have to admit you Yankees must be real good, cause you seem to get a lot of enjoyment in the 28 to 30 days of nice weather ya'll get up there in the tundra, to account for all the inside work you have to do during the 8 month long winters. Is it true, that the sun doesn't really completely set for six months out of the year in Maine?

14. TheFisher

TheFisher Junior Member

PAR Guess I forgot my sarcasm tag :)

That's just what I tell everyone so they don't want to move here :D

15. duluthboats

mmd,

I no longer feel sorry for myself, in fact I’m thinking how lucky I am.

Par,

I’ll be out on the lake fishing this weekend, I’ll post the pictures when I get back.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.