propeller handbook

Discussion in 'Props' started by zeroname, May 6, 2009.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Cant you pay and then down load?-- 13 dollar postage is more than the book. who's stealing off who.

2. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi Frosty,

I just got that book yesterday . It is a very well written and understandable
    book and it was worth every cent I paid for it. Although second hand it, one could not see that it was second hand.

It was shipped per airmail and 13 dollar is nothing. I am busy in ordering some 20 gram of material and they request 115 Dollar for postage. I may have to pass, if they are not willing to post it via USAMAIL.

BertKu

3. dskira

dskira Previous Member

The postal system in the world work with a lot of good people who are paid a salary.
    You didn't have a salary when you worked Frosty?
    Did you work all your life for free?
    Cheers
    Daniel

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I have around 100 technical books in my own personal library. All bought and paid for and some via post, all gladly paid for....it is a small price to pay for the knowledge/data contain in them.

5. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi Frosty,

The problem is the cost of printing all those pages at my side as well as the cost for the 2 cartridges which it would take to print this 152 pages book on my printer. I am quite happy to pay the 13 dollar postage and keep the USA from going burst !!!

BertKu

6. dskira

dskira Previous Member

The US apreciate your dollars. We need it desperatly.
    Our deficit is on the trillions of dollars, so please buy more books.:D
    By the way the Propeller book is a very good book.
    Dave Gerr as a talent to write very clearly, and is knoweldge is realy amazing.
    I never been to your Country, it seams beautiful, and you have quite great boatbuilder.
    Cheers
    Daniel

7. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Indeed Daniel, South Africa has its beautiful parts like all other countries in the world. Come and see for yourself next year when the world championships soccer is on. I agree with you that we have some very good boatbuilders for half the price. One very good aluminium boatbuilder in Cape St Francis, A friend in Greece is raving about them. Here in Mosselbay is a builder who makes a very light and fast 34 feet cruising yacht. He did his practical years with Van der Stadt. His son has taken over, as he is already 74. And then there are lots of other good boatbuilders in Cape Town and Durban.

BertKu

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.