please somebody help - what prop for amerosport 230 with 350 alpha

Discussion in 'Props' started by kayant1, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kayant1

kayant1 Junior Member

i have a 1988 amerosport 230 and i put in a new 350 (5.7) with an alpha 1 drive this is a 23 ft boat that 6,000 pounds its got around 260 to 270 hp i need to know what size prop, the boat didn't come with one can anyone tell me what i should use thanks

2. kayant1

kayant1 Junior Member

help me please, anybody!!!!

anybody know what size prop came with a 1988 amerosport 230 my boat didn't come with one going through hell trying to find the right size can anybody help please

3. kayant1

kayant1 Junior Member

the prop you need is

4. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Go to the largest marina near you and ask to try a few props if you buy a prop from them. You need a baseline. Then you can dial it in.
    For example if you start with a 14 1/4 x 17 see what the WOT (wide open throttle rpm) is compared with the recommended engine WOT on the engine cover sticker (don't exceed the recommended WOT) Every 2" of pitch reduction equals around 300 rpm increase.

5. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Or do a google search and find a few amerosport 230s for sale with the same engine and ask what prop. Most owners are happy to help a fellow owner.

6. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Or give this a spin.
    http://www.watercraftservices.com/Propwiz.php

You will still do best by trying a few props at a local marina to dial in not only wot but also the characteristics you need. Your boat may have picked up more weight than you expect. How easy does it plane? Do you want more top end or hole shot? Do you want more bow lift or less. Etc.

1 person likes this.
  7. kayant1

kayant1 Junior Member

the prop size is a ss mirage plus 15-1/2" 18 to 19 pitch

8. kayant1

kayant1 Junior Member

well i found the best prop for that boat it a mirage plus 15"-with a 18 pitch if anyone needs to know

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.