Any Phantom Jet Boat users out here???

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by yodani, Dec 6, 2010.

1. yodani

yodani Senior Member

Hi I wonder if there are any Phantom Jet Boat owners to share their experience with me. I am interested in the performance of the boat especially the jet drive while driving in shallow weed infested water.
    - does it work as advertised?
    - what are the problems you have encountered
    - how efficient is it compared to other jet drives or Jackplate mounted outboards

Thanks...

2. HowardH

HowardH Junior Member

Yodani, the pump motor combo is a great package. The Sport Jon is by no means the only boat using that pump. Most of the aluminum jet boat manufacturers offer at least one model with a sport jet.

Advantages are light weight, efficient pump, two stroke for easy of maintenance, easy starting etc.

Pretty much all the normal advantages and disadvantages of a two stroke power head.
    The Sport Jet is made in 175, 200 and 240 HP versions.

Disadvantages, at least to a sportsmen are lack of clean out for the pump, the two stroke doesn't lend itself to a add on heater system, noisy etc.

The pump, in fact any pump, is very susceptible to plugging of the intake grate in weedy waters.

I would try www.meanchicken.net and do a search. You will find lots of information on it and any other sportsmen site that includes boating in the Pacific NW or AK or western Canada.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.