OMC Tilt

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by kahuna, Aug 1, 2006.

1. kahuna

kahuna New Member

I've recently purchased a boat with a 1973 OMC Electric Shift Sterndrive (235 hp). I've finished restoring the drive and the engine, last thing to do is the tilt.

When I purchased the boat, everything between the tilt motor to the quadrant gear was missing. I'm now in my 5th month of searching for these rare parts.

I've found a few used OMC electric shift intermediate housings, but they were for smaller motors. Does anyone know if the title linkage is interchangeable between different intermediates?

2. texun

texun New Member

I have the entire unit if you're interested. I am currently changing out to Penta, but got a deal that made it worth while. Do not know how much the shipping would be, but let me know if you're interested, and we can work something out to make it affordable enough I'm sure.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.