Projects & technical managment in China

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by swabbie, Jul 5, 2012.

1. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

New build and refit managment, technical supervision, budget control and procurment for projects in China & SE Asia - GRP, aluminium and steel yachts, commercial and other craft.

NZ trained engineer I have 35 yrs experience working in shipyards world over, progressed to driving multimillion euro projects.

I have relocated to China, my services include management of any marine and or maritime project, representing corporate or private client's interest in any area of China or SE Asia.

If I can be of service send me a msg.

2. Andrew Pitt

Andrew Pitt Andy J.J. Pitt FRINA

3. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

Hi Andrew,

I will be based in Liaoning northern China,and free to travel to any yard in China or the region. I have previous experience working with Chinese yards, I have taken over a medium size project in Dalian that needed rescuing before the client lost any more money.

I know there are projects being considered that could be built in China at 30%-40% less cost but managment supervision is the key factor.
    The owner can avoid the cost/complications involved with relocating an employer away from their duties to China by appointing my services. I'm already on the ground, understand the system here, can lead a project to an on time on budget delivery.

There are excellent opportunities for corporations or NA to bring their clients projects to China's yards to reduce build costs but expat supervision is essential for success.

4. Rocketship

Rocketship New Member

Hi swabbie, Andrew
    I have been project managing a yard in Dalian constructing a 16m Wave piercing cat.
    This project has come to an end, so I am looking for the next project.
    Can a NZ boatbuilder skilled in design, costing, purchase, technical, be of any help?

Rgds R

5. swabbie

swabbie Previous Member

Hi Rocketship

I guess you were working on Andre/Craig Lomocean GRP design. Did the boat perform well, I heard the larger predecessors performed very well. I saw a model a couple of times at shows.

There is some opportunities developing, I'll let you know if/when something becomes firmed up.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

6. Rocketship

Rocketship New Member

The boat is at the Dalian marina, The finish is pretty good, the proformance is good, tops out at 34 knots, . Let me know if any projects come up

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.