New Guy – Building a Hydro

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Shreve, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Shreve

Shreve New Member

Greetings folks, got a Class “C” hydro under construction in my basement. About 2 years now. I'm pretty slow! Anyway, thought you might want to check it out. Power to be a Merc 25. Pray for
    me. Look forward to exploring this site for inspiration in the future. Thanks and all advice appreciated, Shreve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Lookin' good so far Shreve.

Is that some fir plywood that I see in the picture? Heavens to Murgatroyd! That stuff is heavy. A C hydro does not like heavy. The rest of the structure looks like a well proven conventional structure.

Twenty five H.P. is conservative for a C hydro. It should give you some thrills though.

Keep us posted about your progress.

3. Shreve

Shreve New Member

Here is the boat my Dad & I built from a Glen L frame kit. Fishing, Waterskiing. picnicking in New Hampshire. Hope I'm not boring anyone. I'm just hoping this thing floats!

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.