Boat Builders in China

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by SamBurgess, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamBurgess

SamBurgess Sea Gem Marine

Hello all,

We are a yacht building company called Sea Gem Marine; we are located in the beautiful city of Zhuhai (Bordering Macao and about 1 hour by ferry from Hong Kong). Our shipyard is also in Zhuhai.

We have experience with boat building and have a skilled international workforce ready to start building, whether it is a custom design or an original design.

We can provide a strong workforce to help build your boats, as China is know for low costs but also we have a Western manager to ensure that the quality reaches its highest standards. We have the shipyard already and welcome you to visit.

If your company is hoping to join the Chinese market, then we offer our services. We will promote and market your product via brochures and boat shows that are increasing around mainland China.

We have contacts with many designers and can provide the necessary materials.

The main products of our company are producing Sports fisher, Sail boat, Power Catamaran and Sports yacht. We have the ability and skill to design yachts with catamaran and mono hulls. We’ll also consider other products as we don’t want to limit our abilities.

We also offer our services for sketches and designs for proposed yachts. The design team that will implement this task consists of Westerners.

Quality is a major issue when building in China that’s why we have a Western production management along with skilled Chinese technicians with over 10 years experience. All major parts for the yachts and boats are imported into China.

Our shipyard has an office, a working area, a car park, a cafeteria, a factory with a launching ramp. Being in Zhuhai is an ideal location for launching the yachts, as the factory is position next to the sea allowing easy access from the shipyard.

We have all the facilities and staff to accommodate your needs and fulfil your requirements to the highest of standards.

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

http://www.seagemmarine.com/yacht.htm

The first picture is our powercat design called RB50. We never transferred this design to Your yard, and actually it belongs to another builder.

Some other pictures of designs and boats are also known - from other deigners and builders.

So should one believe that You providing fair service, if You are using stolen pictures for marketing? :)
    The issue of using such pictures is clearly described here.

3. SamBurgess

SamBurgess Sea Gem Marine

On behalf of David,

He wishes to announce that this position no longer exists.

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Chinese R&D...Research and Duplicate......

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Rip-off and duplicate.

6. motorbike

motorbike Senior Member

this is a scam- if anyone bites say goodbye to lotsa dollars

7. oi oi

oi oi Junior Member

8. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

oi oi,

I can show you mags from 10 years back the read exactly the same....I can also show you mag articles of boat tests that were never done yet written about, and also Shanghai Boat Show posters of marine facilities that NEVER were built, people telling me they were making 10000 boats per year when in fact they never made one boat....full of crap.

Certainly there are few good yards in China, I have been personally to a few of them, but more crap than a dairy farm attached.

9. oi oi

oi oi Junior Member

I dont need to show you mags from 10 years ago!!! i live and work here in the industry,
    Yea and China offers me a lot more than any where else in the world, i dont know when you were in places like Zhuai??? Something has switched you off China big time.:D

10. Alik

Alik Senior Member

In that paper they report Prout's trimaran; I have seen/read about it 'ready to be launched' 5 years ago... More PR then real build unfortunately, in many cases.

11. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Something has switched you off China big time.

....no, not really, I worked there for 3.5 years and loved my time there, but i did work with my eyes open.......

12. oi oi

oi oi Junior Member

13. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

I've attended most boat shows in China for past 3 years, haven't heard anyone making such claims myself or know of any production facility capable of 10000 units p/a - unless someones figured out how to injection mound a 7m cuddy every 8mins x 24/7 .

14. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...of course there are no facilities, that is what made me comment to them in the first place, and even if you could build that many boats, who would they sell them to...it was just a load of crap.

Did you see the marina complex built that showed it in detail, only this was, there was NO water access, river or otherwise, it was a lagoon......they forgot that people actually would want to move their boats. When I bough up that "little point", the sales lady suggested that they may have to dig a trench to the nearest river....ya got to be kidding.

15. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Not to belabour the issue but I thnk you've forgotten Mike Hoare and Sanctuary Cove, Robina etc, marina's and canal villages where was once countryside.

When I first visited Dalian DDA port area there were 5 mountain (were bigger than hills) now there's 3. Other two were levelled and became offshore reclamation, the point being China's developers as you know let nothing get in the way. Dredging a canal to connect a lake to sea is just small potatoes.