Product to fix my scratches and deep cracks - advice needed

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by tommyboy050, Mar 22, 2011.

1. tommyboy050

tommyboy050 Junior Member

There is a product from Evercoat called "One Step Finish Gell Kote". I am planning on using this product to fix all my scratches, cracks and deep cracks on my transom in an attempt to keep the water out. What do you think or do you have something better?

2. pescaloco

pescaloco Senior Member

Should be ok for the scratches and hair line cracks if they are only in the original gelcoat.
    May not be the best solution for deep cracks, they are going to need some type of additional repair

Maybe post a few semi close pictures of what you are trying to accomplish

3. tommyboy050

tommyboy050 Junior Member

I posted pictures on another thread labeled transom condition. If you search my name tommyboy050 you will see it, if you want that is. Alot of people in here say my transom is shot but the transom seems very solid and no other rot or soft spots anywhere on boat. I am going to seal the cracks and hope for the best. Going to have a professional look at it this spring.