Dinghy

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by JFF7, Jul 15, 2007.

1. JFF7

JFF7 New Member

I am looking for CP, LCB and LCF of dinghies like 470, 505, 49er, Laser 4000...

Does anyone know where I can find those informations.

Thanks.

2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Here's an attempted answer!

Hi JFF7 – or can I call you JF for short… :D
    First up, welcome to the forum – hope you’ll spend many happy hours here.
    Can’t answer your question direct, but just a rough guess, are you seeking this info for design purposes?
    Reason I ask is that the geometric terms you mention, mainly seem focused on yacht balance. In dinks of the type you mention, crew balance is important for the ultimate trimming of the hull. The exact point of LCB for example could change by a crew member shifting his butt 6 inches or so. But then again, if you’re deigning, you need a ballpark estimate. The dinks you mention are very popular and have sailing class associations. Try googling them and there’s bound to be someone who can help you.
    Good luck and take care! :)

3. JFF7

JFF7 New Member

Thank you very much!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.