Process for equipment Installation on pipeline vessel_ Help me

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by mymind04, Nov 15, 2011.

1. mymind04

mymind04 Junior Member

Dear all,
    I need your help about making procedure for installation equipment on pipeline vessel. Please assist me how to do for winch, crane, rollers of pipe lay system. Thanks so much, and sorry abot my english if messing you with it.:) I'm waiting for your reply.

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Ask a captain who has pipelaying experience. He will have more actual knowledge of what works and doesn't than any architect or theorist. The men at sea have to live and work with the drawing board errors that got welded into reality. I could tell horror stories of ships and tugs I've captained. I have towed and set anchors for pipelaying barges and jet barges that bury the pipeline, high speed precision work. But I never operated the pipelaying barge.But a captain who has is your ideal source.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.