Pdf To Dwg

Discussion in 'Software' started by naupigos_gr, Feb 27, 2014.

1. naupigos_gr

naupigos_gr Junior Member

Hi,

can anyone help and convert some pdf files in dwg? (separately i don't mean in one file )

I found some softwares but they cost 220 dollars at least..
    i am a student I can't afford them!

thanks

2. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

Simple answer : no. Do the work.

More extended answer: being a student is not an excuse for pirating software that offers you value.

3. naupigos_gr

well… its NOT a part of my work…. i just need to copy and paste so i can apply my mods on the hull.. as a result its pointless to start drawing from scratch if I need just some parts of it. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME <insult towards other member removed>

and yes all the software I use is from pirate bay ? what about you? did you paid for all of them? actually i don't care!

<insult towards other member removed>

<insult towards other member removed>

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

naupigos_gr, if you show me the file you need to convert, I'll tell you if I can help or not.
    Baltic Bandit, I think he is not asking to pirate anything, but asks for someone, with legal means, to help him.

5. abcdefg

abcdefg Junior Member

Simple answer: yes. Converting file formats is a pretty normal occurrence. Provided you repect the IP then no foul.

More extended answer:

You should be able to find free or limited use software that will do the job for a few files.

or

You could also try downloading the demo version of Rhino3D to open the file and then save it. Rhino can pretty much open and shut anything. Demo version allows 30 saves from memory.

It does depend on your pdf file though. If it is a vector file from a drawing, then it will open pretty well intact. May have to check scaling though but that's not a big problem.

good luck.

6. Baltic Bandit

So you are mad because someone who makes a living writing software told you that being a student is not an excuse to steal other people's work?

If its so valuable to you, pay for it.

If the value isn't that high, then do the work.

Bummer that pirate bay didn't help you out on this one. and yes, I pay for all my software. always have.

Its called having integrity. Call me all the names you want. At the end of the day I didn't steal other people's work

Do the work

7. Baltic Bandit

TANSL, its still somewhat stealing. He's got something that is of value to him. he could pay $30 and forego Friday night beers. Or he can go to pirate bay - at the end of the day integrity is integrity

8. naupigos_gr

<insults towards other members removed>

i don't give a **** about you or your software.

TANSL got the point as a result <insults towards other members removed>

I NEED SOMEONE TO CONVERT IT FOR ME I DONT WANNA PIRATE THE SOFTWARE THAT CONVERTS THE FILE.

<insults towards other members removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  9. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

You have no items to know what his circumstances are and therefore you should not judge him so harshly.
    Nor should he answer as he has.
    Cheers

10. Baltic Bandit

He said he was a student. And his response indicates that he wants something for nothing. That's a complex set of drawings he has - and its not clear he even has IP rights to them.

Given that companies like Autodesk have very very generous "student license" policies - he really is asking for "something for nothing". Remember that simply doing a format change isn't that hard. He can easily convert PDF to TIFF or PNG and import those into his drawing program.

But to get a conversion that allows you to edit the lines themselves is non-trivial for the complexity of images he presented. And frankly going open loop like he did tends to suggest that he is used to "getting something for nothing".

11. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

12. french44

french44 Junior Member

Naupigo,

1-If your are really student , i'm surprise for your request because in general student are very clever to do this , my soon who is student and not NA or marine eng ...... did that for me in 20 min so......
    2-If you have the PDF it's easy with a soft like Freeship to recreated the line and export in CAD software. And if you are very clever you can use the data base of freeship and find a ship not so far of yours and with some transformation get a model. I think that is a very good exe for student and keep the mind busy instead of lazy .
    3- if you are really student on this forum you can find lot of help for your understanding of NA etc... but coping a project like a donkey without feed back from the NA could be a bad things because you don't know why the form is like that, why the put this propeller etc........ and sometimes is not rational it's just because the owner wants.... think about this

All of them we are learner everyday we catch new things , if you want to be a good engineer be creative , be curious and make your own idea.

13. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

french44, I do not mean to defend anyone, and of course I agree with you in everything you say. That said I must say that, in my opinion, this forum is full of students, na, builders / repairers, or professionals of all kinds who claim (and I feel fine) get for free what, hiring a technician, cost them enough money.
    I repeat that, in my opinion, use this forum to that, it seems entirely appropriate.

14. Baltic Bandit

c'mon tansl - you saw the kind of trash talk that got posted - and that doesn't include the PMs I received. This guy basically didn't want to do the work. That's not wrong, but getting called on it isn't wrong either.

15. athvas

athvas Senior Member

Use PDF2DWG converter or Aide PDF to DXF converter........

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.