Problem with Documented vessel and Campbell Yachts

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SolomonGrundy, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Rumars

Rumars Senior Member

Congratulations. I take it somebody actually admitted that California did not bought the vessel overseas or second hand?
    What are the plans for this fine ship?

2. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

That one reasonable guy had probably spent the last two years making sure the Queen Mary was legit. Congratulations.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yeay

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Congratulations. I knew there had to be someone at NVDC that still has a brain.

5. SolomonGrundy

SolomonGrundy I'm not crazy...

...all it really took was a FOIA request with the State of California and all the photographic evidence they were holding back,
    IMG_2868.JPG
    kind of hard to argue with pics showing the boat under construction being loaded on to a trailer towed by a truck with CA license plates and a sign that reads "SAN DIEGO BOAT MOVERS" on it.
    ...even that alone wasn't enough, I had to overwhelm them with circumstantial evidence AND let them know I wouldn't be going away if they refused me again.
    Getting her fitted out for charter fishing and whale watching for now...might get into vessel assist and light salvage down the road.

6. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Glad your persistence paid off. Frankly I am ashamed for the USCG that it took so long.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.