Problem: Mooring Line Tension with Dynamics and No Dynamics in AQWA

Discussion in 'Software' started by MattG, Jun 14, 2017.

1. MattG

MattG New Member

Hi guys. I am currently using AQWA to analyse the motions and mooring line tensions of an internal turret moored FPSO. Part of my project seeks to compare the line tensions between coupled dynamic analysis and quasi-static analysis. While I am able to obtain the simulation results, I found that the line tensions in the dynamic analysis lower than the quasi-static analysis. This should not be the case, since coupled dynamic analysis includes additional damping due to added mass and drag from the cables. Any idea on why this is happening? I am using ANSYS v16.2.

On another note, the motion responses seem fine, with the dynamic analysis lower for low frequency motions and similar for wave frequeny motions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.