Tutor help or suggestions needed.

Discussion in 'Software' started by thudpucker, Dec 3, 2008.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

I got interested in 3-D while looking at boat plans.:cool:
    Lurking this forum, someone suggested Freeship.
    I down loaded Freeship 2.6 and then Freeship 3.

Now I have them in the PC but dont have any idea what exactly to do first.

If I started with a simple Scow, and got one drawn, I'd be so happy with myself.:p
    Is there something to help a guy learn how to do that kind of drawing?

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

thud...

In Freeship click on file, then new, a little input window will open. Ignore the number of points for this first try, just input a length, beam, and draft, and the units you are comfortable with. Hit OKAY, and the hull you requested will appear, now you can play with it. Pull on some of the points to change the shape......

Go do it!

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

similar problem

hello dear members:)

i just got me FreeShip 2.6 to play with a design of a single chine, double ended, long range motorboat.

If i open the "new" window and type my data: length 27 mtr, beam 5,20 mtr, draft 2,10 mtr then the program gives me a hull about 8 mtr high ???:confused:

I am quite familiar with "Megacad" for architecture design but I really do not understand how to make a senseful use of this FreeShip program.

Is there a thread here with a more or less idiot proof "first step tutorial" ?

I appreciate every sort of reply, even if the joke is on my expense:D

Richard

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Rich....

The wizard is not telepathic.....it creates freeboard in proportion to other inputs. The proportions are about that of a 36' boat. Just click on the little blue and green points along the sheer and drag them where you want them. To create a hard chine you need to select a series of edges (lines between points) and make them a "crease", it's in the "edge" menu.

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

thanks

Thank you :!: TAD
    I´ve got it!
    The amount I probably skimped on my psychiatrist bill will allow for leather upholstery.............or so.

So let´s have a drink sitting on it, at the time when I am around your island!:rolleyes:

regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.