Ship modelling using Multisurf

Discussion in 'Software' started by ane, May 18, 2012.

1. ane

ane Junior Member

Hello,
    I am new to multisurf. I want to know that, is there an option to import the offset points (x,y,z format) to make ship hull in multisurf similar to other modelling tool like ICEM CFD or Rhino. Not able to get any option to import points. There are other option like iges, gdf etc. When inporting the model using these options produces very wearied surfaces. Please guide me on this.

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

I'm not a MultiSurf user but it looks like you can use the Import .SLDCRV command. See the MultiSurf manual for details. You'll need to create the .SLDCRV. I've created similar files for import into Rhino by putting the points into an Excel sheet and then saving the sheet as a text file.

3. ane

ane Junior Member

Thanks a lot David. its woking.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.