Probabilistic damage stability-Passenger ships

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Adarsh Edakkote, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Adarsh Edakkote

Adarsh Edakkote Junior Member

What is the applicability probabilistic damage stability for passenger vessels?
    Is it applicable for Inland vessels?
    Below is BV class notation
    + I 5 IN(1.2) Z, PASSENGER VESSEL / FERRY

Please reply..

2. Sharat

Sharat New Member

Applicability is simple, Probablistic damage stability its specified in SOLAS, As per my knowledge yours is a non IMO/SOLAS vessel hence not necessary, now coming to the point of what is applicable, you should check with the registering administration for stability rules for inland passenger vessels....

3. Sharat

Sharat New Member

by the way If the vessel is operating in India, registered under any port under IWAI, there are no requirements specifically published by IWAI relevant to damage,
    this doens't mean you are out of the woods yet, as the class society will not allow to class a passenger vessel without damage stability met.

I did a passenger veesel once with IRS, I faced the same problem, after a long battle they suggested me to comply with some criteria, I complied with MSN 1283 (M), Edition 2, and they accepted.

In my idea make sure you comply with floodable lengths, SOLAS 1 compartment damage, that will do.

4. Adarsh Edakkote

Adarsh Edakkote Junior Member

Thanks Sharat

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.