Grainger R42 Trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

2. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

It's a cool boat and the weight would suggest a boat that can hang with the top end of the amateur performance fleet. I do wonder about a trimaran this size without a rear double cabin. There is heaps of hull flare and it seems a pity to not have one to use that space around the transom area. I get that some owners would prefer a generously sized and deep cockpit to more accommodation though. Sail areas seem reasonably moderate all things considered and I like that there are lots of options available in the sail plan. So it's clear that thought has been given to making it a good all round boat and not just a racing craft. The aesthetics are fabulous as you would expect for a craft from TG's pen.

3. jamez

jamez Senior Member

I liked the R 40 but I see that is now gone from TG's site. The R42 looks great and is obviously roomy. Not sure if I'm keen on the main cabin bunks up so high though, could be annoying to access.

4. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

5. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

A video of one of the recently launched TR36 "Freshly Squeezed" full carbon build trimaran built by Current Marine, the TR42's little sister.

Doug Lord likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.