Pro Vee Offshore Lineplans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Fernando_BRA, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Fernando_BRA

Fernando_BRA Junior Member

Hi !

I´m a new here in BDsgn and this is my first post.

I´m a student of Boat Architecture and be search for lineplans of Raceboats Mono Hull(no necessarily the built plan, only waterlines, the perfil of the boat, only it is what need).

I was looking anything in the site of the www.proveeoffshore.com and found links of some boat designers as:

www.nicolinioffshore.com and www.mpyd.net

Liked very much of the lines of the SEARACER 30' by Nicoline Offshore. I sent them a email , but did not believe that they will answer me.

Somebody can help me?

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Welcome

the best offshore designer of fast and not so fast boats from small to mega in my opinion, was DON SHEAD, His entrys (bows) are so seakindly, in an offshore, and even any boat that ventures to sea, the entry is the most important thing, , boats with huge SHP can be slowed to a slamming crawl, with the wrong entry and landing zone, making life onboard terrible
    i went out in a 18 foot bayliner recently, there was a low swell and NO wind waves, it was a very bad experience,
    this is not a race boat but a 9m trailer gamefisher, 40 knots, the designer A Sedlemeyer
    take no notice of the roof, :) was redrawn
    Thus, in the first 20 years of racing, from the inception of the Sam Griffith Memorial Trophy in 1964 and its recognition by the Union Internationale Motonautique soon afterwards as Class I’s top prize, the Americans posted thirteen champions and the Italians, six. The one exception being the Brazilian, Wally Franz, who lifted the 1975 title, but his achievement was with an American boat, engines, transmissions and throttleman which hardly counted as a home-grown victory. Indeed, until Italy’s Francesco Cosentino took the 1978 title in a boat designed by Britain’s Don Shead and built on the Mediterranean at Viareggio, every Class I World Champion had won the title in equipment of American origin, assembled and tended by American engineers.

If the 1960’s and 1970’s belonged technically to the Americans, Jim Wynne, Dick Bertram and Don Aronow’s Cigarettes, the 1980’s were the years of European design dominance. Don Shead’s aluminium monohulls from Enfield, Picchiotti and CUV and James Beard’s Cougar catamarans, in wood and aluminium set the pace, followed by the genius of Fabio Buzzi, whose quantum leap into Glass Reinforced Polymer (GRP) hulls, turbo-charged Aifo Iveco and Seatek diesel engines and integral surface drive transmissions through his FB Corse concern proved unbeatable.

Attached Files:

• body.JPG
      body.JPG
      File size:
      109.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Fernando_BRA

Fernando_BRA Junior Member

Thanks for fastly answer and by great contents! Excelent !

I will give attention to these details. Already drove a boat Open 23, from manufacturer of my country who also did not had a good entry and was very uncomfortable.

I also hold the Rhino and will edit something .

Thank You!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.