1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

(Sold) Flying Trimaran

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by WickedGood, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

I have just obtained this custom Flying Trimaran and was wondering if anyone would be intersted in manufactureing knockoffs out of fiberglass or kevlar
    This boat is made with marine plywood and carbon fiber with some very advanced engineering

I have all the documentaion and plans.

The designer told me that it does well over 30 knots and that it could use and even bigger sail than what he tested it with

It flys out of the water on a foil on its rudder and a couple of areodynamic wings on the sponsons daggerboards.

It also looks like it would be perfect to attach two hulls together as a catamarn style and power by sail or a small outboard.

It could be marketed to Sailors and fisherman and Duck Hunters.

Email me at WickedGoodOutdoors with your proposals

Attached Files:

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

It would be nice if you could post bigger photos... :)

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Sailing pictures at 30 knots would be cool......

4. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Looking for a Builder/Partner

Looking for a Builder/Partner who can pot these out using a morden manufactureing process at super cost effectrive prices to Budding up so we can Market these Majical Boats to the Unwashed Masses and make lots of profit.

Sure this boat is made from high teck Carbon,Boron & Exotic woods and Epoxies.

But look what Coleman did for the working Mans Canoe, Here is your chance!

Do it for the Childern, Do it for the Enviurment. Do it for the Cash!

If we take two of these hulls and attach them togeher we get a Catamaran that can be powered by Sail, or a small outboard Motor.

Electric Even! Think Green as in American Greenbacks!

or made as aTrimaran with its Sponsons ( Which by the way make great Advertising space for SPONSORS) it can be a fast Flying Trimaran caple of elevating itself clear of that pesky old cumbersome water Banking off of a Northeast Wind sailing like a summrs breeze, skipping over the Ocean like a song ands flying along on a Zepher like a Wichitaw Lineman, Whow!Owe! Wee!

Give me a shout and lets talk.

WickedGoodOutdoor.com

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      367.1 KB
      Views:
  5. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

More Filthy Peaches

More Filthy Peaches

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      373 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      296.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      310.5 KB
      Views:
  6. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Thirty Knotts and Beyond

The speed is limited only by the ammount of
    power applied and your imagination

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      188.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      359.7 KB
      Views:
  7. eric le marin

eric le marin naval architect

I have not seen anything of interest on this boat... sorry.

8. Munter

Munter Amateur

How about a demonstration of actual performance prior to making copies? Wouldn't it be worth verifying the previous owner's claims?

9. basildog

basildog basildog

Jeez mate - are you dreaming or what? You invite others in a cheap advertising rant to invest in something that, as I read it you haven't even sailed yet. It sounds to me that you may have been dudded by a good salesman if you believe that will do 30 knots.

10. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

FOR SALE to the Higest Bidder

OK.

The Trimaran is FOR SALE to the Higest Bidder.

Remember!
    Just like a Chicago Democrat going to Vote

Bid High & Bid Often!

FOB Saco, Maine

I will accept US Dollars, Gold or Firearms as payment

We will open the bidding

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

[​IMG]

11. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Flying Trimaran

The Trimaran is FOR SALE to the Higest Bidder.

Flying Trimaran

This boat is made with marine plywood and carbon fiber with some very advanced engineering all the documentaion and plans.

The designer told me that it does well over 30 knots and that it could use and even bigger sail than what he tested it with

It flys out of the water on a foil on its rudder and a couple of areodynamic wings on the sponsons daggerboards.

It also looks like it would be perfect to attach two hulls together as a catamarn style and power by sail or a small outboard. The uses are limited only by your imagination!

Bid High & Bid Often!

FOB Saco, Maine

I will accept US Dollars, Gold or Firearms as payment

We will open the bidding

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

Attached Files:

12. basildog

basildog basildog

Hell, this gets even better - now this site has changed its name to ebay.

13. basildog

basildog basildog

Apologies for the previous comment - I now see this thread has moved to this site's version of ebay. I still stand by my 30 knot comments though.

14. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

15. Munter

Munter Amateur

Get in contact with Doug Lord. He's wanted a foily trimaran for ages but hasn't been able to progress beyond talk. With such a common interest I think you two will get along famously.

Apologies for that comment. It was a bit unnecessary.

Actually it looks like you have something genuinly interesting there. Do you have any other details such as the original designer builder? Do you have the mast and sails? I'm not interested in buying/copying but I think the history of that boat would probably make a great story and might answer fundamental questions like - did it actually work? It looks like the sort of thing you'd find in the pages of an old AYRS journal.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.