Principles of Naval Architecture reprinted

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DCockey, Dec 20, 2021.

1. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Principles of Naval Architecture, 1988 Edition has been reprinted by SNAME. This is the most recent edition of the standard reference work. The three volumes are available as a set for $145 student members / $145 members / $235 non-members. Volumes I and II are available for $60 student members / $90 members / $105 non-members and Volume III is available for $65 student members / $90 members / $105 non-members. Principles of Naval Architecture | SNAME https://www.sname.org/principles-naval-architecture

PNA has been out of print for at over ten years and used copies have been going for prices considerably higher than the prices of the new reprints.

TANSL and bajansailor like this.
  2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

I bought a copy of Principles of Naval Architecture along with a copy of Ship Design & Construction from SNAME 40 years ago, and I remember the two together then cost me approx US$ 100.
    (PNA was only in one volume then).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.