Press Release: Morgan MacKay and Alasdair Woodbridge design competition winners

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by boatdesignnet, Jun 6, 2003.

1. boatdesignnet

boatdesignnet News & Announcements

Autoship Systems Corporation (ASC) is pleased to announce the winning vessel design in the recent competition among fourth year mechanical engineering students at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.

The first place winners were Morgan MacKay and Alasdair Woodbridge - for their innovative sailboat design "PROTO 1". Morgan and Alasdair used Autoship (for hull design) and Autohydro (for stability and strength analysis) extensively in their design work. Congratulations to Alasdair and Morgan!

ASC is proud to of its long-term relationship with UBC as the supplier of their naval architecture software. To ask about purchasing any of our products and services, contact your nearest Autoship System dealer (contact information available on the web site), or sales@autoship.com

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Only just discovered this bit of the forums Jeff - good idea! Any ideas where the winning design can be seen (ie web address)?

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I'm not sure what final form it will take, but I thought it would be nice to create a subform where companies and people could post relevant releases and such that might be interesting, and yet didn't fit in the main forums... that way they don't get in the way of the more active 1st person threads, but if people are just browsing they can scan them to see if any are of interest.
    A very good question :) The design is either not posted or I simply can't find it on the UBC site. Autoship has a small thumbnail on their site which I'll attach, but it's hard to make out much from it.

Attached Files:

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

thanks Jeff. what little can be seen looks interesting....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.