Watermaker thoughts

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by GoSlow, Mar 20, 2009.

1. GoSlow

GoSlow Junior Member

I am researching watermakers to install on a new build and would appreciate the opinions of others. I intend to install 2 independent systems and would like between 1500 and 2000 GPD in total combined output. Our only previous history has been with Village Marine which has been a good product but it seems a bit noisy. Do all watermakers seem to be this noisy by way of the general reverse osmosis process or are there other units that are equally reliable but operate more quietly?

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

All are noisy. Due to the high pressure pump they are not to quieten. Although some seem to be a bit better than others. But with a different installation scheme the better gets to be the louder one and so on.
    And, if you are not fixed on consuming water as the only beverage, you can afford some first quality wine, buying these:

http://www.wassermacher.com/meerwasserentsalzungsanlagen_megayachten.htm

best quality, simple, reliable reasonable priced. I do´nt install other brands, and some other well known yards do so too.

Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.