PreKote surface treatment; Anyone here tried it yet?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Jimbo1490, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Jimbo1490

Jimbo1490 Senior Member

I posted this earlier in open discussion, but it more properly belongs here, I think.

Prekote is a metal surface treatment that replaces acid washing and alodine on aluminum, and also works on mag, Ti, steel and even composites and plastics.

The claim to fame is that it's non-toxic, biodegradable and actually works BETTER than alodine. Of course it's a bit pricey at over $50/gallon. I don't work for them and have not as of yet used the product. Just looking for some users who have tried it. Seriously, the low toxicity and ease of disposal is quite attractive and would likely offset the higher direct cost-IF the product works as advertised. This looks like something we just have to try

Jimbo

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.