pp jet identification

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by kcmd, Jul 29, 2009.

1. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Hi how can i tell what pp jet i have when there are no markings at all, As i have never seen a jet drive under way will the bucket be above the serfice or below sorry if the question is silly i just like to no what to exspect as the jet seem to be under the water line of the boat,

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I find it very difficult to believe "there are no markings at all", when clearly there would be at least part numbers if not manufacture logos. Of course you may have to remove some of that paint, but I bet I could find numbers.

What's it's bolted to?

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

PAR is spot on. However, worse case scenario...measure the diameter of the duct. The sizes are based upon duct size.

4. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Thank you guys for your help i will wire brush of the jet compleatly to find marking's i did this once befor and found nothing and nothing on the impeller i will let you no if i find any thing, i was told once that the jet could be a copy of a pp i dont no, thank you for your kindness i will return with a reply.
    ps where is the duct ? i have never had a jet befor sorry for my ignorance.

5. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

It's a 65 ,[impeller entry dia 6.5 inches] the nozzle will be under the water in displacement mode and above it when planing There was a copy of the PP65 called the Lion Jet I saw it in about 1982 at the Soton boat show but as far as I know it never made it into production.Your jet appears to have had a fin transplant

6. kcmd

kcmd Junior Member

Thanks Anthony

7. moses

moses New Member

Reply to KCMD. I have a similar jet unit with the steering fin underneath. It is a PP65 Thanks

8. moses

moses New Member

To+ KMCD inside the boat where the jet unit is fixed there should be a date letter IE 1985 stamped there. It on an exposed alli part of the jet drive, a seperate opening with a square hole in the grp. Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.