Powercat 4.3m long

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by cookiesa, Mar 26, 2007.

1. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

there are a few aussie manufacturers that make assymetrics westcat are one of them
    sean

2. northerncat

3. northerncat

4. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Yeah I have, think the plans are fairly $$$ for a fairly crude design. (Especially when you compare to plans like those from Mike Waller Design.... Have the study plans for his TC670.... Power or sail ?????? (Way the fishing is at the moment I'm weaking towards the sail;!)

5. northerncat

he reckons that his powerboat j6 gives you 18kn from a 25hp so his hull design must be alright, i would just use his hull design and build what you want up from the deck9styling is all about what you want a departure from the plans to give you this is fairly reasonable as long as you arent altering anything structural, pity theyre not assymetric otherwise id be interested, also mike wallers boat has more materials which means it will be a heavier boat plus they havent been designed for bigger outboards( not that im sure that the j6 is though)
    sean

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.