can anyone please help identify this small UK powerboat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Dixieman, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Dixieman

Dixieman New Member

sp5.jpg

Hello all. I have just bought this power boat shell and am desperatley trying to find out its make/model so can can find accesories,parts and the correct engine. Can anyone help identify this boat as I cant do much with it until I do.
    Many thanks
    Paul

Attached Files:

• sp1.jpg
      sp1.jpg
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
    • sp2.jpg
      sp2.jpg
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
    • sp3.jpg
      sp3.jpg
      File size:
      10.1 KB
      Views:
    • sp4.jpg
      sp4.jpg
      File size:
      12.3 KB
      Views:
  2. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

well it looks like an outboard well at the rear ..just missing an aluminium bracket for the motor ....If you tell us the length and use we might guess at a HP .....if its on a canal 5 hp will be fine ..so what do you intend to use it for ???

3. Dixieman

Dixieman New Member

Hi and thank you. The length is 17ft. We intend to use her on the sea for a spot of fishing and general pleasure stuff. We were thinking of a 50hp. The boat renovation has begun and shes looking great so far.
    We had a mecury 50 on our last boat which was a 18ft fast fisher, again refitted from just a shell> Its weight was a lot more than this one but it seemed to push us along quite nicely so were hoping a 50 will be more than enough. We have no intentions to do any skiing or anything like that...
    Many thanks
    Regards
    Paul

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

well in australian terms we would be looking at 115 or 140 hp but we can do 40 kts on our rivers...and a 115 at half throttle is a lot quieter then a 50 going wot......If 50 hp got your old boat onto the plane and it was heavier then you should be happy with 50 hp on this one...

5. capt littlelegs

capt littlelegs New Member

There are so many small manufacturers and without any history you'd be hard put to identify it. From a basic shell all the parts required would be off the shelf anyway so take your pick. Sowester Marine would be a good start and fendering can be bought from the manufacturers who's name escapes me in Tollesbury Essex. A 50 HP Mercury would be fine two up with the right prop pitch and fast enough for choppy sea conditions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.