Power for foiler

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Saqa, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

If a sheet of water hits your air prop, you don't want it to explode in a shower of shenanigans

clmanges likes this.
  2. Saqa

Saqa Senior Member

Will have to consult with some seaplane peeps on that

Anyone ever taken one of the longer jetskis for a run? If you have, what would your thots be on fitting a drive train and controls from something like a profish to my concept hull on page 2 and forgetting about the foils. I was checking out a jetski and noticed that my drawing resembles a stretched out ski hull

I guess I am trying to get some opinions on an extra long jetski as a 30 knot cruise bay crosser

3. Saqa

Saqa Senior Member

Still not too happy about resorting to a foiler. The whole intention is to reduce things in the water as much as possible and hydro foiling is the opposite direction

Focus will be on a wing in ground effect craft conceptualised around a similar main hull and powertrain setup. I love the look of the 'bucket list' and wouldn't mind if it looked like that in a tri type config. Also, a 75hp motorcycle engine has already been proven with an air prop in the rear position in a WIG craft that has set precedent

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.