Coaster 23 by Lovett/Chudley

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Westport Bob, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Westport Bob

Westport Bob New Member

Does anyone have any information about this boat? They were designed by John Lovett and Dick Chudley. They were built by RFC Marine, Sidney B.C. late 70s early 80s. Some were powered by a Pathfinder diesel.
    Cheers

2. westcoaster

westcoaster New Member

Coaster 23

Pacific Yachting Magazine reviewed the "Coaster 23" in the April 1980 issue. The review describes a 3 cylinder Yanmar as the standard power. Mine has a Perkins 4-108. I understand only about a dozen "Coasters" were built.

3. Westport Bob

Westport Bob New Member

Coaster 23

Thank you for your reply Westcoaster. I do have a copy of the review and it was very positive. May I ask you what your impressions/comments/experiences have been with your Coaster? I was wondering if your boat has an anchor roller, how is it attached and what make is it?
    Any other advice that you could provide would be most helpful.

Westport Bob

4. Dabnis

Dabnis New Member

I'm currently reworking an old coaster. After much thought, have come up with a modified re-design for the interior which worked for us, with an emphasis on extended cruising on the B.C. coast. Willing to share ideas if you're interested.

5. Westport Bob

Westport Bob New Member

Coaster 23

Dabnis: I am very glad to hear from a Coaster 23 owner. Yes I would be very interested in hearing about your modifications and anything else about your Coaster 23. Westport Bob Coaster 23 "Badger" Hull 11

6. westcoaster

westcoaster New Member

Coaster 23 For Sale

Sadly I have to accept that I'm not able to complete the refit of my Coaster 23. I would like to see her go to a good home, someone with the time and skill to complete the job. See https://coaster23.wordpress.com for more information.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.