pontoon boat plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by darkphoenix357, Mar 18, 2009.

1. darkphoenix357

darkphoenix357 Junior Member

Just wanting some help. I want to build a 2 level poonton boat, to have it ready when my brother gets out of the Marines. I have aready designed the levels. 1st level: 14' long by 7' wide. 2nd level: 9' off of the 1st level. Same size, with 4' diving board sticking out of the bow. The help I need: What size pontoons do I need? Where can I find a portolet that is no more than 3' by 3'?

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Just Google marine toilets and you will find dozens. Can't help you with the pontoons. portables $22.00 up.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Calculate your displacement, add a reasonably safety factor, divide by 2 (assuming two pontoons) and you have a fair idea of the volume necessary for your tubes. Do yourself a favor and calculate them only half submerged with a full load.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.