Power boat design/ design rules

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by micael, Mar 5, 2002.

1. micael

micael Junior Member

Hi !

I'm for the moment working with a design for a 9.5 m * 3m powerboat. the gaol speed for this boat is around 35-40 knot's

I need to know more about form coefficients
    what's the optimal value for following ...

LWL/BWL
    LWL/Draft
    BWL/Draft
    Cb
    Cm
    Cp
    Cvp
    Cwp

Please if someone could help me ..thanks in advance
    Br
    Micke

2. DavidG

DavidG Junior Member

I would suggest that you include deadrise angle in the list of coefficients required.

Suggest you look at Dhows & Deltas by Levi which has this sort of info, also latest Larsson "Principles of Yacht Design" now includes powerboat design.

Plus as I mentioned in a previous thread, Savitsky also has published important papers ref. stability.

3. micael

micael Junior Member

Thanks for your input!

Br
    Micke

4. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

5. micael

micael Junior Member

Hi !

Thanks for your input in this matter !

I will look into the design book by Larsson and I will return if I got any more questions. It's a new area for me of boat design, I'm a mechanical designer from the beginning and I hope to learn more about this.

So all input I can get is good.

I have been competing in offshore racingn ( 2Litres) for some years ago and I'm trying to learn more about the design of Hull's to be abel to finnsih my project that I'm working on for the moment. My goal is to design a DC for the Swedish and european market. The main focus for this project is enviroment, to find a solution of the hull that is as frendly as possible to the enviroment as possible. therfore my focuse has been on stepped hulls, whit those you can get the same results with lower forceĀ“.

Sorry for my English, I'm wrighting this whitout my dictionary

So if you have some information regading that please let me know.

Br
    Micael

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.