Education after school

Discussion in 'Education' started by Ailisalasijia, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Ailisalasijia

Ailisalasijia New Member

Mastering more knowledge is becoming more and more important for us in our daily life and work. I have just graduated from school and I want to learn some other skills before I take a job and I think it may improve my work chance. But there are so many online courses and schools that I can't make the decision to choose which the best one is. I have only found some related sites, nursing home , online schools and military school . I wonder if you could give me some other suggestion or recommendation. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

You might google-up 'Thomson' for education courses. My daughter took an on-line Child Care Course via Thomson and now has a diploma which is recognised in most western countries, here in Australia, New Zealand and USA. Students receive 'personalised' tuition, a wealth of on-line help culminating in examinations at a centre nearest to your home.
    The group has a wide selection of trade and professional courses, and prices vary.
    Hope this is of some help.

3. Rockwellcan

Rockwellcan New Member

Yes, gaining more knowledge is necessary for us. But what to learn is mostly depend on what you like most. You can find the interesting thing to learn and working for it. But I also think when your favorite thing becomes your work; it may be a regret thing. Maybe you can work for on thing and leave the favorite thing for your leisure yet. You can try! These are only my own personal opinion for advice.

---------------------
    student loan
    sample resume

4. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

I took the two year evening vocational welding course at my local community college a couple of years after I got and have found it very valuable over the years.

5. USCGRET/E8

USCGRET/E8 Senior Chief

6. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

Life-Long Learning

Ailisalasijia, there are some very good suggestions here and I bet there will be others. People will mostly tell you what worked for them. But it would be interesting to ask some older people what they REGRET doing or not doing.

My feeling is strongly for DOING work in the field you're interested in, early and often, and keep studying and learning as you go along. Don't wait.

And you will find that "communications skills" are important in any career you really care about. I was lucky in that I was forced, against my younger instincts, to write and speak in public, because I worked as a Broadcast Engineer and had to fill in in small stations. Writing news against a deadline made me get over the "I don't know where to start" writers excuse.

You've started well, by publicly asking this question. Keep on asking questions forever! MY regrets are that I didn't ask more questions and go out of my way to talk more with interesting people, at a young age. I COULD have done it, but I didn't know that I could.

Find the people doing what you are most interested in, and talk with them. Ask questions. And work at whatever it is, starting at the bottom, even part time or as a volunteer.

But DO it...

7. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Move out of home, preferably into a group house. Play loud music and party a lot. Sneer at any adults who advise you to do otherwise.

Leo.

8. TerryKing

TerryKing On The Water SOON

Cliche's

I think he'd have to be 19 years old and live somewhere in the USA to have the natural ability to do that... In Vermont, USA where I'm from Those Guys are usually from 'Away'...

9. DavidJ

DavidJ Senior Member

I think this post is just well done spam. I've seen the same links posted before under other names.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.