post graduate scholarship for Naval architecture.

Discussion in 'Education' started by pavel915, Jan 6, 2007.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

dear all,
    I want to know a very important thing form you,
    I want to know , how much scholarship(post graduate ) for Naval architecture is available throughout the world,
    I am very curious to have a good post graduate degree after my BSC degree. but dont know very good about the higherstudy,
    If it is needed , i want to pay some money to my postgraduate study,
    I hope that , you will give me very valuable information about my question,
    thanks to everyone and Happy New year and Eid Mubarak.

2. Nels Tomlinson

Nels Tomlinson Junior Member

I have no idea how many places offer post-grad scholarships in this field. I assume that you mean scholarships for graduate students, and that I can tell you some generalities about.

There are a few scholarships for grad students in general, but they are rare, and in the U.S. (and I think Britain) often reserved for citizens. Most grad students are teaching and research assistants for the faculty at research institutions. They are hired, they are employees of the school, so the relationship with the school is a bit different than the one you are familiar with from your undergrad days.

I would guess that any university which has a significant program in Naval Architecture is going to have some grad students. Becoming one of them requires that you apply, and that you impress the faculty with your undergraduate record, your ability to communicate in their language, your academic references, your GRE scores, and so on. Any school which doesn't offer you a decent stipend plus tuition doesn't think that you are good enough for their program.

I've never done graduate school in engineering, but I suspect that some real-world engineering experience, and an idea for a thesis project, could be big plusses when you apply. So, get a job, and learn while you work. Identify a big, potentially solvable problem in your field, and find out which researchers are working on it. Apply to the universities they are at, and mention your background and interest in that research area.

Good luck.

3. Patrick BLOSSE

Patrick BLOSSE La Terre entière.

post graduate scholarship for Naval architecture

Good morning,

You may consider several in France.

One of them, especialy corresponding to the title, is located in Nantes (44): Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture (Marie-Edith BRETON +33 (0)2 40 16 01 21) www.nantes.archi.fr

Kindly.

Patrick

4. Patrick BLOSSE

Patrick BLOSSE La Terre entière.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.