rhino question

Discussion in 'Software' started by jollyricard, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jollyricard

jollyricard Junior Member

i have a model 3d in rhino;
    HOW i do to change the surfaces in rhinoceros? i want modify them in affinity....

2. whoever

whoever Junior Member

Select the surface u want to change and edit>change object layer(choose 1 layer) and then choose the layer what u select before.there is a lot of options like material library,linetype etc. so u can change the options and modify the layer

3. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Jollyricard if you want to change the shape of a surface there are a number of ways to do this. Once you have selected the surface you want to change go to ..edit > control points > control points on (F10). You can then move the points around to change the shape. You can also add more control points using the ..Insert control point or Insert knot command. You can also use the .. Edit weight for individual control points to change the shape in the localised area of that control point. Then there is .. Rebuild and Change degree which are similar to adding control points but in a different way and enable you to put sharp edges. Hope this is what you are after.

4. jollyricard

thanks for answer;
    i want to create a hull greater of.....tot, this is my question; i have already the model 3d;

5. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Jollyricard I assume tot stand for total so are we talking about scaling. In the menu.. Transform there are four scaling methods, 3d that as the name implies changes the size in the three dimensions. 2d, length and width but not the depth of the object in the “active” view and 1d which only changes the object in the direction that you choose in the “active” window.The non-uniform is the same as 1d but in a 3d sequence

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    1 person likes this.

6. jollyricard

thanks, this was my questions; i solved the problem;
    thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.