Trapezing Canine(!)

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Doug Lord, May 22, 2015.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Attached Files:

2. rcnesneg

rcnesneg Senior Member

Lol what?

3. Skyak

Skyak Senior Member

I must admit his hiking form is pretty good, but his helm and sail trimming look a bit sloppy! I wouldn't worry too much about losing my position as first mate to a 'first mutt" but for the most important crew skill -attracting chicks at the dock. I have seen his type before. The girls all swoon over them!

So is this your latest ballast shifting plan?

4. Marmoset

Marmoset Senior Member

Lol! Good idea to keep pooch on board though! And yeah I guess it would be like the dog version of moving ballast sheep. Although my dogs don't move, they just dig in where they are as angle raises, then they just go for a big slide.

Barry

5. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Impressive pooch! I think he's a Border Collie, a high achieving breed.

Years ago I had a magnificent Australian Shepard pup. His pedigree name was Midwatch Helmsman. His call name was Sailor. He was a marvelous dog with all sorts of obedience degrees, therapy dog degree, and all that.

Sailor hated the M20 I had at the time. No way was he going to get on that boat unless I forced him to do so. I never did force him to do something he so despised. I blew it when I gave him his Sailor name. Well he was a good hand for the mid watch at home. He never let any pirates invade our house at night and the house never encountered a reef and never collided with another house.

6. The Q

The Q Senior Member

The trouble with Border Collies they KNOW they are more intelligent than you are,
    We had one , he was just too old to be out with the 5 Roughs Collies in the Avatar, but they knew who was boss!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.