Help me identify my hull on new boat Australia

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Adamhunt1, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Adamhunt1

Adamhunt1 New Member

Hi guys, just purchased this big old girl. In Australia and HIN is WWA (waterways) which means maker unknown. Any suggestions based on photos of hull?

Attached Files:

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Adam.
    I have no idea as to what make your boat is, but she does look very fine.
    Can you tell us some more about her please?
    Like does she have a gasoline or diesel engine, how old she is, what you intend to use her for, and where....
    Mr Efficiency should be along soon, and hopefully he will be able to tell you something about her.

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I'm not sure I'm much help here, the very dark underbody is not helping, I would say it is no later that mid 70's, appears to be from a split mould. It has some resemblance to the Hunt-designed hulls of the 60's, but if that cuddy cabin is original to it, I could not put a name to it. What state are you in, NSW ?

4. Adamhunt1

Adamhunt1 New Member

Hi Mr Efficiency - yep NSW. Any tips on finding any info or markings somewhere in hull?

5. Mr Efficiency

The waterways authority plate should show something ? I don't know what it is, the bow flare doesn't look "hollow" enough for the Hunt hulls, and the only boat sold here that I am aware of in that family of boats, with that type of cabin was the 20' Pride Bahia Mar, that is not that hull though. It could be a boat from SA or WA, originally. It doesn't look the same as any boat from the East coast I am familiar with. Certainly not anything that was built in numbers, what is the length of it ?

6. Mr Efficiency

HOLD ALL TICKETS ! We may have a winner, on a hunch I googled "Huntsman Cuddy Cabin" and immediately got this return. More than likely this is it. Huntsman.jpg

bajansailor likes this.
  7. Mr Efficiency

The strake pattern forward appears to confirm it.

8. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Huntsman which came from a Bertram

9. Mr Efficiency

Hunt designed, hence the name of course, the Bertram of that size was a deeper vee. How are things, powerabout, we've missed you !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.